Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Small Miracle Today!!!

Yesterday I went in and my blood count was too low to do chemo. My doctor said my blood counts were not good and she would not let me get the chemo if it was scheduled for that day. I needed to get another blood test today before my chemo to see if I could even get my last dose dense treatment. I was so worried about not being able to get my last treatment, I forgot to take my pre-meds (steroids) before I went to bed. Two strikes against me!!

I asked everyone I saw and talked to yesterday to pray for good blood counts so I can get my chemo. I woke up today feeling really tired, and forgot to take my pre-meds last night, so I was sure they wouldn't let me. I got there and the nurse said, lets just do the blood work, and see. I got all ready for my treatment, she took the blood and came back and showed me the report. In order for me to get chemo my blood count needed to be over 1.5, mine was 1.6. She also said the doctor said I could do IV steroids and still do my treatment. I believe in prayer!! Thank you all for this small miracle. I was so excited to get my last treatment. NO MORE CHEMO!!!!

I really thank God for this. I was sure I knew his will for my last treatment. I was sure He wanted me to get my chemo next week because of these last obstacles. One more little miracle and gift of love. He is with me and monitoring me every step of the way. I feel really silly for having been so upset. Hand your daily troubles to HIM! He will take them and make you strong and relaxed so you can live for Him and Him alone - no worries! He talks to me through these little trials.

Now on the the next phase - radiation and follow-up testing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! I called your house today and was thrilled when you were not home, since that meant you were able to receive your treatment.

Congratulations. It has been a long summer for you, but this piece of the journey is behind you. On to the next baby step. You can do it!

Thinking of you!!!
Love,
Janette

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy - Thank GOD this chapter is done! We knew those numbers would go up - we just did! Your faith has helped me strengthen my relationship with the Lord and I want to thank you for that! You are truly a gift from God and we all thank Him for you!
Love,
Maria