Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Thankful for Every Day!!

Well, I'm getting used to the hair. I know there are bigger things in life, but when you've been bald for the better part of a year, it just becomes more important. I don't have much to say, Thank God! My next appointment is in April for genetic testing at Sloan Kettering in New York City. Should be fun.

I am just so thankful for every day. I am thankful for days when the word "cancer" doesn't even come to my mind. I remember during my treatments thinking, "will there ever be a day when it's not on my mind." Well, I think those days are coming. Yesterday, I had a great day just doing "Mommy" stuff - getting kids on the bus, picking them up from pre-school, doing laundry, making dinner and being so thankful that I can do it all.... I just had to get up from the computer and threaten one of my children, I love being a mommy!

I will enjoy each and every day without sickness. Those days when that is all you can think about are suffocating. I can now feel like I can breathe. I don't know what to do so it never comes back. I'm not sure there is anything anyone can do. Just try to live as healthy as possible, and enjoy every precious day. Enjoy every day, even the seemingly mundane. It can all turn on a dime.

When I hear the song by Tim McGraw called "Live Like You Were Dying", I just think, "That's not what I'd waste my time doing.. "I'd go sky diving, I'd go Rocky Mountain climbing, I'd go 2.7 seconds on a bull named 'Fu Man Chu'..." I'd just spend every minute with my family doing nothing, watching movies, hanging out, playing games, wrestling my 3 year old. Those days are precious. I love every moment (although I could use a little alone time occasionally, a massage would'nt hurt either - ha ha ha).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this post better! Welcome back. We all need a pity party every now and then. Shock..your human!You were delt a bad deck of cards with the cancer...the wonderful thing is that you can fold and a better hand is delt. You are right in that life is just a moment and we all, cancer or no cancer, need to live each moment to the best of our ability. Love the ones your are with! Cry when you want but don't forget to laugh! Someone get this woman a massage!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about not thinking of "that word" anymore.
But, I don't know where you get all
the energy. Can it really be true?
That's fabulous! About the massage,
Go to physical therapy and get one
every week. I do, but I guess I'll
have to go to the Salon if I want to have my back done also! Sorry,
I just couldn't resist saying that.
Sooooo happy for you! Love, Diane