Friday, March 31, 2006

Lion's and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!!

That's all I could think of - Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My! from The Wizard of Oz yesterday when I saw my oncologist at Sloan Kettering. I told her about some minor pain I've been having around the surgery/radiation site, so she prescribed an MRI, chest x-ray, and bone scan, Oh My! I guess that's all they can do. They have no idea what's causing discomfort, so they use the tools available to them. It's just a pain for me to schedule and go to. It takes a day to get all that done. Then there's the mind games attached to getting the tests and waiting for the reports. I'm sure it is nothing, and the doctor said "I'm sure it's nothing," but my mind tends to wander. They are being cautious, and I guess so am I.

I guess I'm getting geared up for Easter. Last year at Easter, I was just diagnosed, and I think that pain is coming back. I remember on Easter feeling so calm and so confident in the midst of the storm. That's Jesus. I need to keep my eyes on Him. I am strong and confident in Him. There, I feel better already. Thanks for listening to me ramble. I guess this is my therapy.

Long after the treatments are finished, you still feel betrayed by your body, and wonder if you will ever feel safe again. I'm still waiting to get to that point, so until I get there, Thanks for Listening!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precaution is the key here, three more tests to tell you that everything is ok, and you will be fine. Hang in there, this too shall pass before we know it. We are with you!

xo
janette

Anonymous said...

Amy, I feel terrible. I'm so wrapped up in Elizabeth's cancer that I wasn't even aware that you were going to Sloan yesterday. I pray that you didn't go alone. My patient doesn't need me this week, and I could have kept you company. Please don't hesitate to call because you're right "this is a sister-hood". Love You, Mil

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy -
You are always in my prayers. We are all confident that this pain is nothing more than a pain in the side. Actually, it sounds more like a pain in the butt.
Get on with your Eater preparations! He is SO faithful!
Love,
Maria

Anonymous said...

I read Jess'blog and jumped over to yours. You are healed! The other is just growing pains :).
What a blessing you have been to all of us. I pray that your faith is seen by others who suffer and know that He was with your every second.
Have a blessed Easter and let us hear from you more often. You are missed and we love to hear every detail boring or not of your recovery.
Jacque

Anonymous said...

I'm sure this is nothing, and the doc is just being thorough -- it is what we pay them for.

You're in our prayers.

Health & blessings,
Susan