Friday, April 07, 2006

I made it through one year. Yesterday was one year since my surgery. It's kind of like my new birthday, only it's like the first step to the rest of your life. I stopped by the see Elizabeth and drop off some baked goods. She's doing great, looks great, and aside from being tired says she feels fine. I think chemo is a little like a lobster being dropped into a cold pot over a flame. You get sicker as you go, only you don't really feel it until you're really sick. Does that make sense? I remember feeling fine during chemo aside from having bad days, but once you have your last treatment you think, wow, I was really sick. It just sneaks up on you and the effect is cummulative.

I'm having Easter at my house this year, and planning Sophia's 6th birthday. Tomorrow is John's 40th!! He didn't want anything special. We are going to Las Vegas at the end of the month. I've been so busy. So much for taking it easy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One year down and the rest of your life to go! Happy birthday John, welcome to the 40 yr old club.

Amy, I have something for you, remember to get it from me when I see you next (hopefully soon).

Love to all,
Janette

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
We had company over for dinner tonight, and Elizabeth allowed me to serve your delicious tea cakes. I think that if we're not careful, EJ and I will be rolled out of her last chemo treatment because of all the goodies everyone is dropping off. Thanks for being such a good friend to her and to me. And congrats on the one year. You look great. Happy Birthday John. Love, Mil

Jessica Kaylor said...

Please let us know the results of your upsoming tests. I do not like how they take so long to recieve! I am praying for your comfort and a pain free Easter holiday. Happy birthday to all.

katrina said...

You are a source of such strength for Elizabeth. Thank you for letting her be there for you. Keep us posted on your test results.
Happy Easter!