Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Easter to everyone. We had a very busy day. Went to church at 8:30, then everyone came to our house for dinner. Had an Easter egg hunt in the yard. Today, I am exhausted. My sweet husband cleaned up the kitchen this morning so I'm going to take it easy today. Last Easter is just so vivid to me. How I felt, the uncertainty for the next year. When I went up to take communion, I glanced up at the chior loft, and saw Elizabeth doing bells. Looking stylish wearing her scarf, in the middle of her chemo. It seems every year there is one more person. It was a bit emotional for me. I'm just a baby.

But here I am a year later, cancer free!!! I got my test results back and they were all negative. I have a bone scan scheduled for Tuesday, but I think I will cancel it. I now know why my joints all ache. I went to Mt. Sinai to visit with a doctor there to discuss my Chrons disease. That's what put me in the hospital in January. I don't want to relive that. Anyway, come to find out, Chrons is simiar to Multiple Sclorosis in that is is an immune disease, and even asked if I had people in my family with MS or lupis. Come to find out, I'm not 100 years old, it affects your joints like arthritis. I also found out that my red, bloodshot eyes is also a sign of active disease. Who knew? Surgery may be in my future for this, and may be the best option. Very informative visit. More to come, I'm sure, as he evaluates my tests, films, etc.

I need a full time secretary to help me manage doctor's appointments. When will it end!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, you and your family looked beautiful yesterday. You should post the family picture that you took.

Happy Spring!

Love, Janette

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled that your test results were so positive. Each day I would check your blog for an update, and each day, I thought....is it good news that she hasn't blogged, or bad news, or does she just not know??? So, hooray for GOOD NEWS. I wish that I had seen you Easter morning, but I am a late church person. I agree that Elizabeth looked good, and I'm glad that the doctor gave me "happy pills" to keep me in check. I so much more appreciate each day, what you have been through. Much love, Mil

Anonymous said...

Amy --

Glad to hear your test result were good. YEAH!

And sorry you weren't up to joining us Friday night, but there's always next year. :)

Be well.

Health & blessings,
Susan

katrina said...

Amy, I'm so relieved at your test results, and at the same time I want to reprimand your Chrons Disease; doesn't it know what you have been through? Doesn't it understand that now is simply too inconvenient? Although it must be aggravating for you, please do not think you are alone. "Our family" will get through this too, so remember to ask if you need a hand.

We love you!

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Every day brings you closer to being well and further away from being sick. Your life has changed so much in just one short year. Keep your strength and positive attitude up..God WILL take care of the rest!
Hope to meet you soon,
Jacque

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't write sooner, but I am SO happy you got to see the doctor at Mt. Sinai. What an eye opener!
I agree with Janette. Your family looked like you all belong on the cover of Family magazine. Seeing the girls, in their beautiful dresses, taking the bread and wine up to Pastor for communion reduced me to tears!
I love you all!
Maria