Thursday, August 17, 2006

What I did on Summer Vacation

Having a great time in Omaha. We have done so much. Last week I saw Brad Paisley in concert-FANTASTIC! Went to the county fair and saw a tractor pull, went to Kansas City and went to a water park and Worlds of Fun, took my mom to Las Vegas, went to an Indian Pow Wow last weekend with my sister and her kids, went to a museum, the zoo, spent time swimming at my brother's house, just hanging out with my mom and sister and brothers and grandma, saw my aunt Julie and her kids. And of course, shopping. I love shopping when I come here, because there is always a new shopping mall. Omaha is getting big! I'm having a ball. There's so much more I want to do, but there is never enough time. I'll be leaving on Tuesday back to New York, God willing! I'll post some pics if I can figure out how to do it again!

Today is my mom's B-Day so we just took her out to lunch, she doesn't want anyone to know - too late! My Grandmother's B-day is Saturday and we will have a party for her at my brother, Mark's house. We have some family coming from Minnesota, so it will be a celebration. One week and I'll be back to normal, missing everyone again. It will be nice to sleep in my own bed.

5 comments:

ejbauerlein said...

It's great to hear that you're having a good time. But come back home soon. We miss you.
Happy B-day Amy's mom and grandma.
-Elizabeth

ejbauerlein said...

And just to rub it in.
Wooo Hooo. First post.
-E

Anonymous said...

Wow! You really know how to have fun on your summer vacation. Hearing all of the fun stuff sure beats drives to chemo! I love how either when you are up or down you are ALWAYS enjoying life! What a model you are to us all.
Blessings,
Jacque

Anonymous said...

HELLO......WHERE ARE YOU?????

Anonymous said...

Janette, was that you?