Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Family History

Back to normal again. I feel great, except it is so hot and humid here in NY. It feels like south Florida. My mom and grandmother and I just hung out today. We were on the computer reading e-mails from Lars, a cousin in Sweden and Diane, my sweet aunt from Omaha. We also read another blog site of a relative who has cancer, too. It is amazing how many people have to go through this. Joannie, a cousin from Minnesota, has ovarian cancer, and Jim, her husband has prostate cancer. We spent a good part of the day reading their blog site and getting caught up on Joannie's fight. I almost couldn't read it. It is so close to home for me and I am so sorry that she and her husband have to go through this, too. We all need to pray for a cure for this horrible disease.

Lars' email got us looking at the Ellis Island website, and it was great talking to my grandmother about family history from Sweden and understanding where we came from and how we got here. Our family members came over here with $20 in thier pockets. My great grandmother came over with her sister Marie, and 3 small children through Ellis Island. Marie is Joannie's grandmother, so we have the same family history. We are cousins down the line. Life is precious. Live it everyday. Our journey is important, no matter how long or how short it is. God has a plan for each of our lives. Trust in Him. And continue to praise His name!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two blogs in a week - yeah! Please email me your cousins blog address, I would also like to follow their journey to recovery.

So glad to hear that you are enjoying your family. Time is too short and I think we all take advantage of that sometimes. These 'blips' on the radar bring us right back to reality.

Thinking of you.
Janette

Jacob said...

Amy,
I am delighted to read that you are on the final stretch like we are. I feel that even you and my wife have never met that you are on this journey together. We have a link to your blog on our tool bar, and we have been seeking your healing by prayer and petition.