Friday, July 08, 2005

Feeling Great!!

Well, my mom and grandmother are here now. My sister and her family also stayed with us this week one night. My mom and grandma will stay for 3 weeks. Yeah!! Then my niece Lindsey will come and stay for about a week. I can't wait. Then I will be over with all this. I only have 3 more treatments. My mom will be here for 2 and Lindsey will be here for one, and then I'm done. Then radiation.

I stopped by the place where I will probably do radiation just to ask some questions. They said I will probably have 28 - 34 treatments. That's every day, Monday thru Friday. My oncologist said it's a law of Physics that they don't have to radiate over the weekend.

I'm feeling great these days. I feel almost back to normal. They weren't kiddin when they said this drug wasn't as bad. I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have been doing laundry, driving the kids all over, making dinner, cleaning the house, I feel great! I love "normal" life. I am so blessed. I say that over and over, but it is true. I pray that the worst is over.

I know that it is because of your prayers that I feel so good. Thanks a million!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

How lucky you are to have your mom and grandmother, as well as your other family members in town. Enjoy them! I think we have all found a new appreciation for family.

All my best,
Janette (the New York adopted sister!)

Anonymous said...

"Mimi"
What? Did I read right? Laundry?
Driving? Cooking? Cleaning and
company too? Is that drug available in a pill? Sign me up!
You have shammed me to "get going"!
I, too, want to see "that light".
Greet my new Niece, Janette. I feel like I know her. That is another of your enviable traits; the ability to make so many
truly good friends. It's true when
you say: "YOU ARE BLESSED"!!!