Sunday, July 03, 2005

Happy 4th of July!!

I am trying to figure out how to post pictures. I hope you like the pictures of my babies! They were taken exactly one month ago at Susannah and Sophia's dance recital. I was really out of it since it was 2 days after a treatment. I'm just glad I made it at all. For all of you in other states who haven't seen me - how do you like the new "doo"?

This last treatment was different. I am feeling alot of pain going down my legs and in my feet. Kind of like electric shock. I'm walking and my legs can sort of buckle up. This drug I am taking now involves a lot of nerve side effects - tingling in the hands and feet and bone pain. I am feeling better than the last drug, just different. I'm not sick to my stomach, though, which is nice. We'll see how this progresses. I'm hoping it gets better. Last time I was out for at least 5 days after a treatment. It's now been 4 days, and I am feeling better today, just the leg and lower back pain. I can take Tylenol for that. Yesterday I did not go out much at all and took a nap part of the day. I really needed that. Today we went out the entire day at Mona's house for a pool party/BBQ. I'm fine in a chair, although right now I'm a bit tired.

The 4th we have no plans. It will be nice to hang out with my family and do nothing. Hope everyone has a fantastic 4th of July. I LOVE THIS COUNTRY!! I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!! GOD BLESS THE USA!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Dear "Mimi",
No comments for days---so I will.
You did a great job on the pictures
and the kids looked darling-imagine
that!! Tommarow,I lose a Mother and Sister and you gain a Mother
and Grandmother. That will be a
nice time for all. Have fun!!!!!
Love, "The Lonely Aunt"

Anonymous said...

I hope you and the kids have a wonderful 3 weeks with family!!
I read your last entry, I am so sorry oyu are going through this.
Maybe with your recent guests it will lift your spirit a little.
With Love-
your cousin