Monday, May 22, 2006

Prayer Request

I am republishing an e-mail I got today from my sister-in-law, Robyn. Her sister, Kristi, was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer a few years ago. Some of you may remember me asking you to pray for her. She has 3 children my kids ages. Anyway, she is doing fine, but I just got this e-mail about her friend, and maybe you can pray for her family. This is why I do the Relay for Life; I feel like I have to do something:

Karin Kelley is a good friend to Kristi; she has been very good and helpful to our family especially when Kristi was going through breast cancer treatments. She took our children under her wings when Kristi started working again and helped make our move to Lincoln easier for Kristi just by being the friend and person she is. Thursday night Sean (Karin’s husband) passed away, he has been battling cancer for the last several years and was diagnosed about the same time Kristi was. He was in his very early 40’s. He leaves behind Karin and three Boys Jackson (5) Logan (7) and Hunter (9). Hunter was with his Dad at there home last night when he died. We ask that you all keep Karin and the Boys in your prayers through this difficult time in there life.


Lord we pray that you will give Karin and the boys the strength and understanding they need to get through these difficult times, surround them with love and fill them with the comfort they need knowing that you are with Sean and he no longer has to endure the suffering. We ask that you keep a close hand on the boys as they go through there life and give them the strength and courage that you gave Sean and that the boys will learn and live by that.

We ask this In Jesus’ name Amen.



Thanks!!!

Chris (Kristi's husband)

3 comments:

katrina said...

So you posted twice today, right? I was somewhat confused by the twice-in-a-row posting, but I believe I've regained my footing.

Rest assured Karin and her family are in my prayers. They are in good company...you are there always but especially tomorrow. Keep us posted (and don't make us wait too long for good news!)

Anonymous said...

Karin and her family are in our prayers. I pray this difficult time only serves to strengthen them and bring them closer to the Lord.
Your scan is also in our prayers.
It was good seeing you and the family at the MS Walk Sunday. You are in my prayers each morning as I do the commute to Middletown, CT.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
Your hair looked adorable today.. I love the curls and it seems to have grown so long almost over-night. I wonder if Elizabeth's will come back curly too? I just know that your scans will come back clear...you look too great to be sick. Thanks for always checking on our family. Mil