Friday, May 26, 2006

Scan Results

I got my scan results yesterday. Everything is fine. Nothing new except inflamation in the radiation area. I KNEW IT! You may remember a few weeks ago, I went to see the doctor and she sent me for a chest x-ray, MRI, and bone scan. I went to see her because I was feeling pain on the surgery side. Those scans showed nothing. Well, the CT scan showed inflamation, deep in the chest, most likely from radiation that wasn't on the previous scan in November (I finished radiation in October). I don't know what that means. I still need to talk to my doctor. I hope it will just go away, but can I really expect something so simple?

I also got my results from my genetic testing. It turned out to be negative, which means that my breast cancer is not related to genetics or family history. That is good!

6 comments:

katrina said...

Congratulations on your genetic testing results!!
As for the CT scan, at least the results validate how you are feeling physically. Sometimes it is just nice to know that it isn't all in our head. Also good to know it is "merely" inflammation.
Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

Anonymous said...

Yea! What a relief. If the genetic testing was positive, it would have been just something to deal with, but being negative I am sure is a HUGE sigh of relief. Two more test down with great results.
Have a wonderful weekend Amy.

Janette

Jessica Kaylor said...

Yea! Love the good news! Thanks for the update. Take care,

Anonymous said...

I too chime in with "Yahooooo - Good New". Now did you really allow Elizabeth to babysit your dog? There will be no living with her now.....nag, nag, nag because she wants a dog. Sorry, but tutle is as close to an animal as I'm ready for. See you soon. Mil.

Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend! We knew all would turn out well - Praise God! Now, breathe easier and enjoy life!
So, how was the horseback riding??
Maria

Anonymous said...

Great news on the genetic testing. Like Jess, you were just the chosen ones. What an inspiration you both are to every women out there! God's plan is perfect even though we don't always like it or understand it. Our world is a better place because of you.

Let us know about the Avon walk when you finish.
Jacque