Thursday, September 01, 2005

How Lucky We All Are

I am back from vacationing in Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands, and getting back to normal life. Lots of laundry and doctor's appointments this week. We had a fantastic time and welcomed the opportunity to do nothing but relax at the pool and beach.

This week was a follow-up visit with the oncologist, a radiology visit, and a colonoscopy - everyone should do one. All is well. I feel great and ready to move on to the next phase of my healing process. Radiology begins next Tuesday for 33 treatments. My biggest problem is timing my visits between bus schedules and pre-school. I welcome these kind of challenges.

Doesn't it just kind of shrink your problems just seeing those poor people affected by the hurricane? I just can't help thinking about the women in New Orleans or Mississippi who is going through this same process now who also has to worry about her home, family, and when and if she can continue treatments and where she goes from here. I'm sure there are lots of people who are affected by this terrible hurricane who also have other trauma's to deal with in their lives. What about the woman who is just going through her diagnosis and now all her records have been washed away. Where do you go from here? How can we help, I don't know. I guess the best thing right now is to pray for these people and send money to the Red Cross or whatever charity can help. I think we all must help, however big or small.

From what I've seen in my little micro part of the world, you are all out there already, ready to help. I have seen so much out pouring of people wanting to help, and seeing me through my crisis, I just know that we will all pull together to help those affected by Katrina. Maybe you can't see what you can do, but I can. All of us pulling together, one by one, we all make a difference. With me, every phone call, every note, every silent prayer, every smile and how are you doing, every meal delivered to my door, every e-mail, and on and on, each little act of kindness helped me through this terrible time in my life. As a nation, if we all do whatever we can, we can help our fellow Americans through this terrible disaster. I have experienced it first hand! Thank you all!!!

No comments: