Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Rat Race

I had my first round of radiation today. One down 32 to go! I figure I'll be done October 20th. Tomorrow will be the beginning of the rat race for me with Susannah and Sophia starting school on 2 different buses at two different times and then driving Alex to school. Alex doesn't start school until Thursday. I have Elizabeth Bauerlein babysitting in the AM for Alex so I can go get my treatment. Wednesdays will be longer since I see the doctor every Wednesday. The rat race begins - council meetings, back to school nights for two different schools, Susannah's birthday party, lia sophia (jewelry) meeting and shows, Sunday school, kids activities and sports - on top of driving 15 miles each way to radiation everyday! I'm already tired. I guess I'll have time to enjoy my Joel Osteen CD's in the car. One thing I won't forget is to "smell the roses" each day. Thank you, Lord, for all this activity! We just don't know what is in store for us each day. I just thank God that I can enjoy every day I have.

My hair is definately coming in now. My kids call me Fuzzy Wuzzy. We have fun saying that rhyme, "Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair, Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy was he." I guess you had to be there. Say a prayer for those affected by Katrina!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My bear since childhood is named Fuzzy Wuzzy! Isn't life great that we have so much to do! I love that saying that "God doesn't give you more than you can handle, sometimes I wish he didn't trust me so much!" I think it is in the busy times that we value the quiet times when we can grab them. Sometimes life seems as if you can't stop to smell the roses so you just have to run over them! Capture the laughter with your children. I am so happy that you are able to run around so much with them!
(We have received five new Louisiana and Mississippi students this week in sixth grade alone. I will be extra helpful to them for you! Our church is taking in 100 families. Your prayers are working!)
Keep up the updates!
Have a great and busy week.
Love from Texas,
JC

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy --

Glad to read all is well -- and the vacation photos look great! VERY relaxing.

Health & blessings,
Susan