Friday, June 17, 2005

Off to the ER - False Alarm

I am now approaching the worst days of the chemo cycle. I am sick and tired and burnt out. I feel like all the joy has been yanked from underneth me. I know it will get better. I just read my previous blog and just reading those words outloud gives me strenth.

I so looked forward to the spring this year because we had such a long winter. I never thought it would mean the worst spring of my life. Maybe this will teach me to enjoy all the seasons of my life a little more.

I had my treatment on Tuesday and then on Wednesday I go in for a shot of Neulasta to boost up my white blood count. The nurse asked me "So how are you feeling?" I said fine, I just felt like I had some heart palpations earlier, but I went out for a walk and got fresh air and felt fine. - Big mistake. She felt she should mention it to the doctor and of course the doctor thought I should get checked out. So off I went to the emergency room for an EKG. I thought, that's not so bad I'll be in and out - wrong. They want to do every check they can think of, all the while I say I'm doing fine. I didn't get out of there until about 9:00pm and I got there at 5:00pm. Poor Brian Prazenka our friend and babysitter was stuck with the kids until John got home. Thank you Brian!!! I don't know what I'd do without you! I can't help worry about the kids while I'm being poked and prodded. It all turned out as expected, they could not find anything wrong except a high white blood count due to the Neulasta.

So now today, I'm just trying to get over this last round of chemo, and hoping the next won't be so bad. Thanks to all for praying. Your comments mean the world to me. Your strength gives me strength. - The door bell just rang - Food from Sue Prezanka delivered by the Stefuneks. Of course more tears for me. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! I just can't help and look around me and see the great community we are all apart of. You guys are the greatest. From New York to Nebraska to Texas to Minnesota to Missouri and all the way to Sweden and Jordan, I know you are all there for me! It's amazing!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy,

I hear a note of discouragement in your lastest blog. I am so glad you are honest with us so we will know how to specifically pray for you!!!! I am praying for your energy level to be high, your precious children to feel safe, your husband to be encouraged and for you to enjoy this summer season. One bright spot is that you aren't in the Texas heat having to wear you "cranial prostesis!! You are surrounded by so many who love you. Those Yankees really know how to take care of people!!! Your strength is amazing, Amy and your faith reminds me of who is in control. Have a great Father's Day Weekend!!
Your Texas Family is praying for you!

Love,
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Amy-
I check your blog EVERYDAY to see how you're doing, and enjoy the updates. I don't even know you (I'm one of Jessica Kaylor's friends) and pray for you daily. God is an awesome God. Amy, the mountain may seem too high at times but continue to grasp, pull, reach, and let everyone else push you over the peak. You are such an inspiration to me. Hang in there.