Thursday, June 02, 2005

Life goes on...chemo or not!

Well, I made it through another one on Tuesday. I'm just tired. My energy is zapped. I did find out that I did have a bacteria last time and that is why I got so sick. I had homopholous influenza, whatever that is. All I know is that I was sick and had a terrible sore throat. Now I'm taking antibiotics for it. I'm much better now. I guess I'm getting into the swing of this. I just make plans for when I'm feeling good, however that doesn't always work. Tuesday was Susannah and Sophia's dress rehersal for dance, Wednesday was Susannah's school play, tonight is their recital, this weekend is the Relay for Life and Sunday is the Sunday school breakfast (I taught Susannah's first grade Sunday school class this year along with my partner in crime Elizabeth Bauerlein).

This weekend is the Relay for Life that benefits the American Cancer Socitey. It is here in Mahopac at the high school and it is an all night relay to raise money. I will try to be there. I ordered several copies of the book that gives me inspiration, and I've mentioned it before, "Grace for Each Hour" by Mary J. Nelson. I think it's a great outreach for our church, and for me. The book gives inspiration and solid scripture to help you heal. I doesn't concern itself with the medical side, and that's refreshing. I don't know how I would make it through this without a church family helping me along, so now I want to reach out to others and offer a warm embrace and a welcome heart or just words of encouragement.

I am on my church council and selected to be on the outreach/evangelism committee. At first I didn't have a clear vision. I think my vision is coming piece by piece. I just need an actual committee. Maybe some of my fellow members of Grace can join me in this endeavor. E-mail me if interested (aymie@aol.com). More info coming soon in "Grace Notes".

Sunday is the Sunday school breakfast! See you there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.