Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Prayer request: "Are any among you sick? They should call for the elders of the church and have them pray over them, anointing them with oil in the name of the Lord. And their prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make them well" (James 5:14-15)

Well, today I go in for #4. I can't say I'm looking forward to it, although I am happy to be half way done. Today is also the last dose of these particular kind of drugs. The doctor keeps telling me that this is the worst part. I hope it does get easier. I'm still in shock and can't beleive I have to do this at all. I'm just sick to my stomach thinking about it. At this point in the treatment, I think it's harder on my spirit.

The following is the medicine I need to get through the day. You can help me, too, by praying these things for me:

"If you do these things, your salvation will come like the dawn. Yes, your healing will come quickly. Your godliness will lead you forward, and the glory of the Lord will protect you from behind" (Isaiah 58:8)

"'I will give you back your health and heal your wounds,' says the Lord" (Psalm 30:2)

"Praise the Lord I tell myself, and never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases" (Psalm 103:2-3)

"He personally carried away our sins in his own body on the cross so we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. You have been healed by his wounds" (1Peter 2:24)

I need to be reminded of these things each day. Sometimes I have a little pity party and think "Why me?" but I forget that I am already healed. I know the Lord has great things in store for me. I believe His promises for me. Every once in a while the self pity sneaks in.

Those are the words I will take with me to Sloan Kettering today. I have been healed by His wounds!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
I hope it went well .i am here and am totally bored and tired. Emily woke up at 6:30 this morning. But I am excited about this work camp thing I am going on for my church. It is in Montana. That is when cara is coming up for the week andi am not going to be here. Kind of disapointing but life goes on. our pool is almost finished and it is going to be so much fun, I wish you could come and see us. We all miss you so much and am praying for you a ton.

Love lindsey Anderson(ur fav neice) LOL just kidding

Anonymous said...

Amy,
The worst part is over - yeah! You are half way there kid, keep up the spirits. Remember, if you are having a pity party, we all want to be invited to help turn things around. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Get the rest and the help you need, everything else will come together.
All of love,
The Yetters

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy,

I am Janette's sister which also makes me the aunt of our precious Jessica in Texas. I pray that you feel the unrelenting prayers that are being laid at the feet of Jesus for you. Sometimes I feel hypocritical praying for total healing for you and Jess as I know the Lord already has that taken care of! He is probably saying, "Alright already.....I have them covered!" You are absolutely correct....He has already promised healing. I hate chemo, I hate cancer, I hate being fearful but I love how it has strengthened our faith and our dependency on Him. You will continue to be covered in prayer by your Texas family! Hang in there, dear Amy!

Love,
Sandy