Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day

We had a great weekend! Lots of BBQ, time with the kids, John and I got to go away for a night without the kids, and now tomorrow I have another round of chemo. I am slowly getting over my cold, but still have a sore throat and cough. I was hoping to be over it before this treatment. We'll see how it goes.

This will be number 3 of 8 treatments. We're getting there! It's so hard fitting everything in before the next round. I feel like I have to get everything done before I can't do anything again. This time my "Well" time was cut short by this cold. This will be a busy week ahead. Tomorrow is my treatment and Susannah and Sophia's dress rehersal for their dance recital. Wednesday is Susannah's school play, and Thursday is the dance recital. Wednesday and Friday are doctor's appointments. Saturday and Sunday is the Relay for Life. I have a lot to do, and probably not much energy to do it. We'll see how I do. I hope tomorrow goes well. I can't wait to get another one out of the way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy and family,

You were on our mind today while you were having your treatment. We pray that things went well. Get the rest you need when you can, so you can attend the important events. If you need help with ANYTHING, let us know.

Love,
The Yetters

Anonymous said...

Amy-
My name is Tammy Whitlock and I am a friend of Jake & Jessica Kaylor's, mom of 2 boys, 7 & 4 and a wife. I am praying for an EXTREME cure for Breast Cancer and it scares me to no end. My family, church, and anyone else I know, have put Jess on their prayer list and I would be honored to pray for you also. I was glad & overjoyed with your positive attitude as I read through your blog. When Jessica was 1st Dx with Cancer I called her my "BIG DOG" because-
It's not the size of the dog in the fight.
It's the size of the FIGHT in the dog!
Amy, you can be a "BIG DOG" too! Thank you for your journey and know that there are people praying for you daily.
Hang in there.

Praying Daily,
Tammy