Tuesday, May 17, 2005

A Bad Hair Day

PRAYER REQUEST: Pray that I will fly right through this treatment. No complications!

On Wedesnday I have my second treatment. I feel like I'm trying to get everything done before I hit the wall. Today is a day of errands and laundry. I feel a little apprehensive. This is the one where people say you usually lose your hair. It doesn't sound that bad until you actually are faced with it. I'm not sure how I will be.

Janette Yetter will go with me tomorrow. We'll have a little party in the chemo room, try to liven things up. There's nothing fun about chemo. Maybe we can find something so it's not so bad.

Yesterday I heard that eating a low fat diet has been proven to help reduce the likelyhood of a relapse of breast cancer. I guess what comes around, goes around. I always used to eat low-fat until I got married. Then something happened. Now I guess I'll get back to that.

I'm not sure how I will feel tomorrow. I will try to put out an update when I get back. Thanks Diane and Grandma for the "Do Rag" - love it!!! Thanks Sue C. for the soup - Looks great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Lindsey and I just read your most recent entries. You are handling all this amazingly well! A person can tell when there are lots of prayers being said in their behalf.

We sang a song at church Sunday and I thought of you the whole time we sang.

"On Christ The Solid Rock I Stand"

My hope is built on nothing less Than Jesus' blood and righteousness; I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus' name. On Christ the solid Rock I stand; All other ground is sinking sand, All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness veils His lovely face, I rest on His unchanging grace; In every high and stormy gale, My anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, His covenant, His blood, Support me in the whelming flood; When all around my soul gives way, He then is all my hope and stay

On Christ the Solid Rock I stand all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand.

Keep looking up and trusting in Jesus.

We Love You!

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Thank you for letting me share your day on Wednesday. You have no idea how much it meant to be helping you, even in the smallest way. You are an inspiration to all of us, and I am looking forward to the next visit (also thanks Elizabeth!!). I 'stalked' a women around Pottery Barn Kids today that I could tell was going through chemo (no hair, pink bandana) and she had a little one with her. I wanted to talk to her and tell her about you and jess, but she was out of the store before I could corner her (probably to avoid the lady stalking her!). I could tell you this. She was the most beautiful women I saw today, understanding as much as I can what she has been through, and the journey that lies ahead. You and Jess are the most beautiful people I know. Hair or no hair, this is the meaning that beauty comes from inside, so wear it proudly.

All my love and prayers.
Janette