Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Big Day

On Wednesday I begin chemo at Sloan Kettering at Phelps Memorial Hospital. What a decision. How do you know if you made the right one? Leave it in God's hands. I decided to go at this cancer with both barrels firing so I will begin dose dense chemo for 16 weeks. That means I will get chemo every 2 weeks instead of every 3. That also means more toxicity. I'm not sure what to expect right now.

The treatment should last for 2 hours. The chemo room doesn't have a TV or music or anything, so John said he would buy me a portable DVD player to pass the time. I'm not sure if that's for me or him since he will be going with me. I guess we'll finally have time to catch up on all those movies we missed when they came to the theaters.

Thanks to everyone again. There are so many good people in this world. I am convinced. Only the bad people get the press, but it is you good folks out there that make all the difference. Thanks a million times for all your support. I'm sure I will be saying that a lot. You all mean so much to me, I can't say it enough. I'll check in to let you know how it went!!

My children are excited because I said we could go on vacation when mommy's done taking her medicine. Some beach, some where...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you - we will all be in that room with you. Remember, happy thoughts, happy thoughs. One step closer to getting better.

Thinking of you...janette

Jessica Kaylor said...

I am praying for you today. Today is really an exciting day, because today any cancer cells left in you are being destroyed. I am praying that you can visualize that today...and also that you can see so many people praying for your victory. You are such an encouragement!

Anonymous said...

Paul and I are with you. You will beat this thing. Just pick out the movies YOU want to watch!

Anonymous said...

Amy --
I truly believe in the power of prayer and many people are saying prayers for you.

BUT, I also believe in the body's ability to heal, SO -- picture that cancer being destroyed, picture millions of pac men eating it up, picture yourself healthy and cancer free!

And smile as you and John get to watch all those movies you missed.

Health & blessings,
Susan