Friday, May 27, 2005

I Live in a Zoo

Yesterday I went to the Bronx Zoo with Susannah's first grade class. What a day! At first I wasn't sure if I should go because I've been fighting off a cold and sore throat. I'm supposed to call if my temperature gets up to 100.5 and it was about 99.7. I didn't want to disappoint Susannah and I felt fine, so I went. We had a great day at the zoo! We had so much fun and I'm so glad I went. It's always good to see all my friends and the other mothers. Great Day!!

When we got home I was exhausted to say the least. I made dinner for Susannah and Alex and Sophia came home via Uncle Mike from their Grandma's house. After dinner I sent the kids to their playroom so I could lie down for 30 minutes. I could not get up. I literally was unable to get off the couch. John was working late, so the kids were running FREE! They had a ball! All I could hear was laughing and screaming. My throat hurt so much I could barely talk, let alone yell at them. I sent them upstairs to get their PJ's on and asked Susannah to help Alex and Sophia. They did go upstairs, but filled up the bathtub and gave themselves a bath. Auntie Mary came to the rescue!!! Mary came over, went upstairs and got them dried off and ready for bed. They thought it was so special to have her tuck them in. (FYI- today I discovered Alex and Sophia also cut each other's hair!)

That was the first time I felt truely helpless. I felt as if I can't even take care of my kids. I can't thank Mary enough for everything. It's hard to accept that you can't do everything, especially when you are young and active. But the morning always comes. The sun will shine again. This is only temporary. Wow, the sun just came outside after a week of cloudy skies - how perfect!
Psalm 30:5 For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life;
Weeping may endure for a night, But Joy comes in the morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Love the pink!! You know we are all just a phone call away. You would be there for us. We want to be there for you.
Have a great weekend.
Janette

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Auntie Carol would love to take a turn too. Please don't hesitate to call!

Carol

Anonymous said...

Amy,

You have my number - please use it. I'd love to help.

Kristin