Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Only 7 More Left

Today I completed one of the 8 chemo treatments. Yeah! Not so bad. I definately feel like I had a few glasses of wine, but so far so good. I'm a bit drugged up so I don't know if any of this makes sense.

John went with me while my mother-in-law stayed with the kids. John had to close his office today, so I felt bad. He said he didn't think twice about it and he wouldn't be anywhere else. He doesn't close his office for anything. He's a great husband. ...In sickness and in health all the way. We had a great day together. It's rare that we get much together time with no kids, we had a nice time. We laughed all day. We played cards, and read magazines. The nurse was fantastic. Her name was Sanaa, she did a great job and made me feel so comfortable.

I started the morning singing "Oh Crappy Day" ("Oh Happy Day"), with my admiting nurse and dancing down the hall with her. It was funny, I guess you just had to be there. No one wants to go through chemo, so it feels good to laugh. All you can do is smile and thank the Lord for all the little blessings in your life - especially laughter.

My friend Christine took the girls for a playdate, Carol & John Stefunek made dinner tonight (Thanks, Carol), and I guess I won't have to cook the rest of this week. I have many blessings in my life.

I'm going to sleep now, I'll check in so keep checking the web site for updates! I Love You ALL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy --
I love your sense of humor! Keep smiling and laughing and think "happy thoughts."

Health & blessings,
Susan