Sunday, May 15, 2005

Life As Normal

What a great weekend. I've been telling everyone that I must be in denial because everytime someone asks me how I am I say, "Great!!!" So far so good. I can't believe I'm going through chemo. Life goes on as normal.

I worked out last week and it felt great! I'm hoping to continue my workouts throughout this summer. I think it helps with the stress and fatigue. After my workout, Alex and Sophia and I went up the the Cafe at the gym. Alex and Sophia took up with another 4 and 5 year old brother/sister combo eating lunch with their "Nana". It was like a little party. The kids were all talking and eating and the big sister said to her brother, "You can't do that! You're sick. " Then she told us that her brother has lukemia. He's 4 and just finished his chemo. That blew me away. He's a normal kid, running around, full of energy. His grandmother said he's been a trooper and his prognosis is very good. I have no complaints, I would take this anyday. God gives you what you can bear.

We finally got our new refrigerator. We have been living without the refrigerator for 2 weeks now. Thanks to Billy and Mona, we had their old one in the garage the whole time. It's nice not to have to go to the garage for milk. One good thing, if I collapsed in the garage after my workout I could at least make myself a sandwich!

Thursday was Alex's birthday party. He had it at Kids Castle here in Mahopac. They had a great time. After the party I went to the wig salon. We still need to work out the kinks and cut it. After my next treatment, I will probably have the big unveiling and everyone can see my "new hair". I think it's pretty comical. I kind of look at it as a hat of hair. Everyone knows it's not your own hair (except probably a few people off the street). I am going to have fun with it. How many of you get to pick out your own hair? That's what I thought! Should be a fun summer of hats, wigs and scarves. I may get funky with it - you'll just have to wait and see.

Today was the Multiple Sclerosis Walk in Carmel. We walked with the kids and had a real fun day. Lots of Sayegh's in attendance. I can't believe Mona is telling me what a great attitude I have. You are amazing yourself, my dear. I know you don't like the spotlight, but we were all there to show you our love and support!

Saturday night we went out to dinner with the Yetter's and Stefunek's. What a great time. It is so nice to feel normal and to have a good dinner with good friends.

I am basking in the "normalness" of everyday life. Each day is a beautiful gift from God. Friday I cleaned out the garage. I love a clean garage. Thank you God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy!
I missed you in church Sunday but it sure sounds like you all had a wonderful weekend. What a blessing. I still would like to get you in touch with my friend. The more I read about you and your journey (isn't that a strange way of referring to all of this?), the more I see how much you two are alike!
Maria